When you get started on a construction project in Webster, there’s a really high chance that you might not necessarily know what you need to make the possible, engineering-wise. Enter, the geotechni…Read More
Geo-Joist Floor Slab System
An Efficient and Cost-Effective Floor Slab System
A Structural Solution With Integrity
Our Geo-Joist Floor Slab System is your solution for unstable soil foundations or heavy floor loads. The system incorporates vapor barrier, concrete joists, and insulation to make a structural foundation that maintains integrity throughout its lifetime. Further, it’s a system that is effective and cost-efficient, saving you money and materials in the long-run.
What exactly is CMI’s Geo-Joist and how can you benefit from it?
- Due to cast-in-place joists, Geo-Joist significantly reduces slab thickness and weight while increasing the strength.
- This system creates a frost-protected structure, eliminating the need for frost walls and saving a considerable amount in the cost of excavation and the hauling of spoils.
- Insulating EPS framework provides excellent energy performance and acting as a vapor barrier.
- The system is great for when in-floor heating is requested.
When selecting your floor slabs for low or medium-height buildings, it is important to choose a floor system that you can rely on. It may already be evident, but sturdy and reliable flooring systems can not only save you time and money, but it can also save lives and the structure of your building. Our Geo-Joist cast-in-place floor slabs help to reinforce the comprehensive strength of the foundation and the building itself. Cast-in-place floor slabs have three primary principles:
- There must be readily available standard form sizes. This helps to establish an economic framework, which is ideal if your budget is smaller.
- Repeating the size and shape of floor slabs wherever possible allows for forms to be reused from floor to floor, also helping to respect your budget and save money.
- There should be a simple framework, helping save time and money during installation. Further, this reduces the amount of materials you have to use during construction. A constant beam network paired with varying amounts of reinforcement is a foundation solution that will give you a strong design and save construction costs.
For a floor slab foundation solution, choose Geo-Joist. Call CMI Structural Solutions for an engineered, stay-in-place formwork that provides energy-efficient, fast track, and cost-effective building systems. Contact us today!
Complete Foundation Pkgs.
Rochester, NY – Geo-Joist
CMI Structural Solutions installed 4.5″ Helical Piles, Steel Grade Beams and our Geo-Joist Floor system supporting the construction of a new structure in Rochester, NY. Because of fill soils, a deep foundation was required to support the building loads. CMI used the Geo-Joist system to span the poor soils while providing insulation and frost protection. Very little soil needed to be removed because of the “shallow” foundation. Speak with one of our consultants today to find out more!
Bradford, PA – Geo-Joist
CMI installed Stelcor Micropiles, ICF grade beams and EPS Geo-Joist slab system for this new gas station project in Erie, PA. We have the capabilities to provide complete design and installation of foundation packages including the floor slab where poor soil conditions exist. Our systems eliminate the need for over excavation and fill, which saves both time and money especially for sites with brownfield conditions or high water tables.
Syracuse, NY – Geo-Joist
We installed 3.5″ Stelcor Micro Piles and Steel grade beams to support this new 7,000 square foot building over poor soils. Once the piles were installed, our Geo-Joist system was installed to create a structural “joist” slab and provide frost protection so that the excavation was very minimal. This approach saved considerable time over traditional footing/ structural slab building.
Reach out to us to find out more about our Geo-Joist services and designs.
Floor Slabs / Machine Bases
The Geo-Joist Floor Slab System from CMI is like no other floor system on the market, a showcase of CMI’s foundation and geotechnical construction solutions.
CMI’s Geo-Joist floor slab system was developed out of the need for a structural slab to use on projects where a structural slab is required in order to span unstable soil or heavy floor loads. This floor system incorporates a vapor barrier, insulation and concrete joists in one step. With CMI’s Geo-Joist system and the use of Helix™ Micro Rebar, labor costs are greatly reduced saving you money and completing your projects faster, while also providing you with an effective structural solution.